COSMIC Authorship and Publication Protocols
Papers prepared by COSMIC project workgroups should adhere to the following:
- Workgroup investigators should be the first and last authors.
- Co-authors from each contributing study should be included (up to 3 per study), grouped in alphabetical order of the contributing study names.
- The head of COSMIC (Perminder S. Sachdev) and COSMIC study co-ordinator (Darren M. Lipnicki) should be included as co-authors.
- Changes to the order of authors because of direct contributions like analyses or writing can be recommended by the first/last authors, and must be approved by all co-authors prior to submission.
- The line “for Cohort Studies of Memory in an International Consortium (COSMIC)” should be included after the last author.
- All authors must be invited to review the manuscript and give their approval prior to submission.
- Papers must include the funding information for COSMIC, as well as acknowledgements that cover COSMIC management, study leaders and grant investigators (up-to-date information on these will be provided when the manuscript is initially reviewed by COSMIC).