Applications Now Open
The Research Award will honour Mrs Yuet Ying Fung and the late Mr Kwan Fung. Mrs Yeut Ying Fung suffers from stroke induced dementia, and the Late Mr Kwan Fung suffered from Alzheimer's.
The purpose of the Gift is to fund an award specifically for research into the diagnosis, prevention and cure of dementia and Alzheimer's disease, and for research into the care of patients suffering from these disorders.
The Research Award will provide either:
• PhD Scholarship top-fund funding, or
• Provide a travel award for researchers to attend conferences which will facilitate the dissemination of research outcomes and enhance research collaboration opportunities.
The allocation of award funding between a PhD top-up award, and/or a travel award will depend on the merit of applications and the Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing's (or its successors) current research priorities. This decision will be at the discretion of the selection committee.
Term of the Award
The Award is expected to have an annual value of approximately $4,000.
The exact value of the Award each year will be determined by UNSW's distribution policy for endowed funds. The duration of the Award will be for one year. The Award will first be awarded in 2015, and will be offered annually.
The Award will be paid in one lump sum.
The Scholarship will be awarded in accordance with the eligibility criteria stated below.
1) be enrolled in a PhD degree at UNSW at the time of application; or
2) be an early career, post-doctoral researcher at UNSW
The Research Award will be awarded in accordance with the selection criteria stated below:
• relevance of the research to the diagnosis, prevention and cure for dementia and/or Alzheimer's research; or research into the care of patients suffering from these diseases
• scientific excellence of the research
• research track record/academic record of the applicant
Applicants will be required to submit their CV, a copy of their academic transcripts and an overview of their proposed research project.