Concurrent with ongoing neurological care, patients can be referred to the clinic by their specialist and must have a confirmed diagnosis of FND made by their treating neurologist.
Further information about making a referral can be found here:
The form required to make the referral can be accessed here:
What are our Referral Criteria?
- Aged 18-65 years
- FND diagnosed by a specialist neurologist
- Confirmation that that the diagnosis has been explicitly discussed with the patient prior to referral to the FND clinic
- Commitment by referring specialist to stay involved in patient’s care after clinic interventions are completed
- All FND related investigations have been completed
- Patient consenting and aware of referral to clinic
How to refer?
- Please email the completed FND Referral form to: SESLHD-POWNeuropsychiatricInstitute@health.nsw.gov.au
- Phone: 02 9382 3763
- Fax: 02 9382 3774
- Please mark referrals ‘for the attention of Dr Adith Mohan, Mindgardens FND Clinic’.
- Referrals are screened by clinic staff for suitability. If considered suitable for the clinic, the referring clinician will be informed, and the patient will be invited to attend a comprehensive assessment.
- Appointments cannot be booked and confirmed until all questionnaires and background information have been provided.
Who is not ready to be referred to the Clinic?
- Investigations ongoing
- Patient is not accepting of diagnosis of FND
- Active medico-legal/ worker’s compensation matters
- Primary clinical issue other than FND
For further information, please contact the institute directly.