Applications Now Open
The award is to honour the late Mr Josh Woolfson who had advanced Alzheimer's disease. The Scholarship will support research looking at the modifiable risk factors of Alzheimer's disease and identifying and targeting at-risk groups and individuals, as well as developing intervention strategies for risk reduction.
About the Scholarship
The Scholarship will have a value of $10,000 per annum payable for three years, the duration of the degree with a possible extension of six (6) months. The Scholarship can be awarded from 2017 onwards.
Conditions of Scholarship
The Scholarship will be paid fortnightly subject to satisfactory progress and performance.
• Former recipients are ineligible to reapply
• Extensions at the end of the term may be granted with approval of the supervisor and GRS and will be considered on a case by case basis
• The Scholarship may be suspended for 1 or 2 semesters with permission of the supervisor or GRS
• The offer may be deferred
The Scholarship shall be awarded in accordance with the eligibility criteria stated below:
• The scholarship is available to both new and existing students
• The scholarship is available to fulltime and part time students
• The scholarship is available to domestic students only
• The applicant can be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
• The applicant must be enrolled, or willing to enrol, in a higher research degree
• The applicant may hold other Awards (eg) APA. This is a top-up scholarship.
• The applicant may not be enrolled in both research and coursework
Applicants will be required to submit their CV, a copy of their academic transcripts and an overview of their proposed research project.
The Scholarship shall be awarded in accordance with the selection criteria below:
• The potential to contribute to the understanding, early detection, treatment, care or cure of Alzheimer's disease
• Academic merit
The recipient will be required to provide annually to the donor a short report summarising the research that has been undertaken, including any publications and presentations arising from their work.
How to apply
Please email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries, please contact (02) 9382 3816
Applications close 5 May 2017