COSMIC (Cohort Studies of Memory in an International Consortium) aims to bring together cohort studies of cognitive ageing internationally in order to facilitate a better understanding of the determinants of cognitive ageing and neurocognitive disorders.
Studies are eligible to participate in COSMIC if they meet the following membership criteria:
1. Are epidemiological, and therefore population-based.
2. Have a minimum sample size of 500.
3. Examine individuals aged 60 years and over.
4. Are longitudinal, with a minimum of two assessments.
5. Include assessment of cognitive function as an important, if not central, objective.
6. The outcome measures include dementia and/or cognitive impairment and/or cognitive decline.
Studies from Africa, South America and Eastern Europe are particularly encouraged to join.